Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

WHAT IS GAMENESS???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHAT IS GAMENESS???

Post by celticpitbulls on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Gameness is not the willingness to continue fighting, in any definition. In short, gameness can somewhat be described by simply the willingness to continue, under all adversity and animosity, for the sake of improvement. However, in detail, the continuance is not to be misinterpreted as succeeding; being succeeded is the ultimate goal of gameness does not describe anything that is perfect, simply because there is no such thing.

The strive for perfection can never quite be accomplished. But, for one to strive for near perfection, never falter on a decision made, learn from obstacles and implement the strengthening of weaknesses can be described as gameness. The idea of gameness is to be fluent and to adapt to any task at hand. Knowledge is knowing the path, experience is to understand it. Gameness can not be achieved or grasped as it is not a title or an award. Gameness is a perspective and can be perceived in any competitive event!

Last edited by celticpitbulls on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: WHAT IS GAMENESS???

Post by eamo s on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Gamness as many people think, is only confined too dogs. Any living creature including us mere mortals can be game. It depends on what you are looking for in the meaning of gamness. Thats a very intersting post you put up Lilly cheers
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahB58 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Great post :D
SarahB58

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Gameness = The desire to dominate superceeds the desire to survive. End of.
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:36 pm

just like any species!

and mr know it all the topic is open to every1s opinion if they wish to post 1, its not the end off anything kido lol!
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:51 am

lol! I saw a whole thread about that a while back, and that's what everyone said. It was a ppl saying if Hog Dogs were Game because they would keep going with their stomach split, some said they were Game, others said there's only one way to be Game, which is illegal.
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:52 am

instincts - gameness - tolerance - spirit - heart - fear - determent - adrenalin etc, would be all part of any species makeup in order to survive, its mother nature. Heart/gameness every1 is born with it in different ways its not something that is bred into you, yes you can selectively breed for it but even doing so you are still not guaranteed the gameness that some people bred for, you could fear something others wouldn't but in other ways you could welcome things others fear.

i have no fear of dogs at all, it doesn't matter what breed or what size they are, but don't put an insect near me that little tiny thing would make me jump off a roof to get away from it, i wonder what does that make me?
would i be considered game if i was to break my leg in a marathon but i kept going? or would i be called determent?

all of the above are emotions that people and dogs relate to in different ways if confronted with situations.
its how we deal with it as individuals regardless if we are animals or humans.
gameness would be as people choose to look at it but the truth is we all got it in different ways not just the way some chose to portray and prioritize it to 1 specific trait/emotion.

Last edited by celticpitbulls on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Thats a realy well explained post you put up Lil. I'll admit myself, i was ignorant to the meaning of gameness, i was convinced it only existed in selectively bred dogs. There is a whole different meaning to it, that doesnt even involve any animal. We will never stop learning, and thats a fact cheers
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum