Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.




The Irish staffy

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Irish staffy

Post by murf on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:43 am

Iv had many a chat with ppl on this over the years id love to no what u all think bounce
some say its a leggy staff:)
some say its a short pit:)
some say its a cross:)
what do u all think ????
avatar
murf

Posts : 31
Join date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:55 am

This debate will go on forever lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:16 am

i think they are a skinny leggy staff.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by Harry on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:18 am

driftervin wrote:i think they are a skinny leggy staff.

Their was a black Irish Staff at the walk and he was neither skinny or leggy, he had a huge head and was very low down to the ground :D Deano was his name Cool
avatar
Harry

Posts : 4729
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by murf on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:34 pm

GoldenBoy wrote:
driftervin wrote:i think they are a skinny leggy staff.

Their was a black Irish Staff at the walk and he was neither skinny or leggy, he had a huge head and was very low down to the ground :D Deano was his name Cool
ur right GB Deano is like a tank and his head is like a block lol
he is a big dog and still young...
avatar
murf

Posts : 31
Join date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by slattery9104 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:56 pm

i'm not sure i was told its a old irish dog as they pits and staffs kinda originated here but now they use that name to be able brink dogs to the uk to fight em? i'm not sure what to believe but surely the english are not that stupid to let em bring in a pit and keep it as its called a irish staff?
avatar
slattery9104

Posts : 1063
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 25
Location : Limerick, Ireland

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:17 pm

well then its not a irish staff lads, it could be a staff pit x. thay do not look like that.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by eamo s on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Definitley a mix breed, mayb many generations ago, there is some line bred Irish staffs
avatar
eamo s
Admin

Posts : 2910
Join date : 2010-02-14
Age : 43
Location : Dublin clondalkin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by STEVEN_BURKE_JNR on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:54 pm

what do the staff x pits looks like? i have both but dont know if i would breed them
avatar
STEVEN_BURKE_JNR

Posts : 84
Join date : 2010-02-22
Age : 29
Location : Mayo

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:10 pm

dont do it. one or the other.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by Harry on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 pm

eamo's dog Zed is a Staff x Pit. I wouldn't bother breeding any of them.
avatar
Harry

Posts : 4729
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by eamo s on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:17 pm

Very true, keep to the thoroughbreds. Zeds Dam is thoroughbred staff and the Sire is a thoroughbred pitbull, another name a hybrid. I dont encourage anyone to start breeding puppys either No
avatar
eamo s
Admin

Posts : 2910
Join date : 2010-02-14
Age : 43
Location : Dublin clondalkin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by STEVEN_BURKE_JNR on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:44 pm

year and a half even!
avatar
STEVEN_BURKE_JNR

Posts : 84
Join date : 2010-02-22
Age : 29
Location : Mayo

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by culabula on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

there are lines of irish staff.Psycho,northford etc.They are off K.C show stock that were used for badger trials/dog fighting back in the seventies.Most of them have a slight trace of english bull terrier back a bit in their pedigree(and maybe a dash of pitbull)..there is the dublin red strain
as well some of whom are K.C registered.The original dublin red staffs were back in 50s and 60s so any link with todays dogs is slight, a bit like someone with the surname O Brien saying they are related to brian boru.
Probably some people do take pitbulls to the united kingdom and say they are irish staffs.There is another registry ,the Intercontinental K.C that registers athletic staffs and puts on events(pulling etc.) for them.Its run by a guy called ed reid who as far as i know,was the firs to import pitblls to europe.So in response to murfs question all four answers are correct(sometimes)
avatar
culabula

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by celticpitbulls on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:31 pm

STEVEN_BURKE_JNR wrote:what do the staff x pits looks like? i have both but dont know if i would breed them
you should never cross pit bulls with staffys to be honest, thats why we have so many breeds representing the pit bull even though their not but very easily mistaking for.
avatar
celticpitbulls
Admin

Posts : 5950
Join date : 2008-04-20
Location : DUBLIN

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by celticpitbulls on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:36 pm

culabula wrote:there are lines of irish staff.Psycho,northford etc.They are off K.C show stock that were used for badger trials/dog fighting back in the seventies.Most of them have a slight trace of english bull terrier back a bit in their pedigree(and maybe a dash of pitbull)..there is the dublin red strain
as well some of whom are K.C registered.The original dublin red staffs were back in 50s and 60s so any link with todays dogs is slight, a bit like someone with the surname O Brien saying they are related to brian boru.
Probably some people do take pitbulls to the united kingdom and say they are irish staffs.There is another registry ,the Intercontinental K.C that registers athletic staffs and puts on events(pulling etc.) for them.Its run by a guy called ed reid who as far as i know,was the firs to import pitblls to europe.So in response to murfs question all four answers are correct(sometimes)

the dublin red strain came from a man by the name of Delaney original dogs used for this line were pit bulls
avatar
celticpitbulls
Admin

Posts : 5950
Join date : 2008-04-20
Location : DUBLIN

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by culabula on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:56 pm

yeah i think they were pitbulls by function rather than what we would know as a pitbull.His nephew ray delaney has a very good website about the history of staffs over here...well its about all terriers but has a good setion on his uncles dogs
avatar
culabula

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by celticpitbulls on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:00 pm

yeah i seen that i think he lives in America now im sure it was his dad??
avatar
celticpitbulls
Admin

Posts : 5950
Join date : 2008-04-20
Location : DUBLIN

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by eamo s on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:28 pm

He breeds the Brockstock bloodline English Staffordshires. Alot of there lines came from Ireland :D May his uncle Willie rest in peace, he was a good Pigeon too..
avatar
eamo s
Admin

Posts : 2910
Join date : 2010-02-14
Age : 43
Location : Dublin clondalkin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by Harry on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:15 pm

eamo s wrote:He breeds the Brockstock bloodline English Staffordshires. Alot of there lines came from Ireland :D May his uncle Willie rest in peace, he was a good Pigeon too..

Is this another type of chicken pitbull? lol!
avatar
Harry

Posts : 4729
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by celticpitbulls on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:19 pm

lol no harry its true
avatar
celticpitbulls
Admin

Posts : 5950
Join date : 2008-04-20
Location : DUBLIN

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by Harry on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:28 pm

What is a pigeon (not the bird)
avatar
Harry

Posts : 4729
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by eamo s on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:58 pm

Yeah Harry he was a top racer in Pigeons, i know this has nothing to do with dogs. He was the first man in Ireland to reintroduce Pit bulls back into Ireland. Going back many years now.
avatar
eamo s
Admin

Posts : 2910
Join date : 2010-02-14
Age : 43
Location : Dublin clondalkin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by Guest on Sat May 08, 2010 9:28 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:
STEVEN_BURKE_JNR wrote:what do the staff x pits looks like? i have both but dont know if i would breed them
you should never cross pit bulls with staffys to be honest, thats why we have so many breeds representing the pit bull even though their not but very easily mistaking for.

Im new to this board and respect what you are doing. But if your after decent workers there have been some very good staff/pits. But it depends what your after with your dogs Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by Harry on Sat May 08, 2010 9:49 pm

Please introduce yourself in the New Members Section, Thank you.
avatar
Harry

Posts : 4729
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Irish staffy

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum