Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

What do you think????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do you think????

Post by YENALED on Sun May 19, 2013 2:30 pm

I read an article about a Pit Bull attack in US. There was alot of comments to follow this was one of them.
what does everyone think about this remark?

Put the dog down. If kids scream and act excited my dog loves it! This dog is not normal. Dog fighters moved to popularize this breed after the feds criminalized dog fighting. Over population of pitbulls and pitbulls in family homes makes it impossible to spot dog fighters. We put down ONE million unwanted pitbulls a year. Stop listening to the propaganda put out by very wealthy and cruel dog fighters who don't care about pitbulls or people. Stop helping them. Do not take in pitbulls as pets. Don't be a pawn.

Have we as pet owners made it easier for the Dog Fighting Scumbags?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think????

Post by DECANIO on Tue May 21, 2013 8:57 am

Load of nonsense if ever I heard it, mindless dribble, the ramblings of someone with no basis or evidence to make such claims, clearly 1 persons personal opinion based on what they think or believe & not what is true.
DECANIO

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED on Tue May 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Yes Decanio I tend to agree with you on that comment in article but the people that use these dogs for illegal purposes are in full view and don't seem to care anymore about who knows it. There are people that fight their dogs we all know it yet as dog lovers we tend to ignore the facts and idly sit and ignore it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DECANIO on Tue May 21, 2013 2:26 pm

I'm not sure what you've seen or heard yourself but i've never seen anyone openly engage in that activity with their dogs, be a bit dumb if they did!
DECANIO

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED on Tue May 21, 2013 2:50 pm

Decanio i wasn't saying that these people openly fight their dog for all to see but we know who they are and happily exchange chit chat with them out in the open. I think it is fair to say that many are respected by many owners that would never think about fighting their dogs.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DECANIO on Tue May 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Ah I think there's alot of hearsay & speculation as far as these dogs go, as far as peds online any1 can pay $20 & fabricate all sorts of fantasies & stories so I wouldn't credit those very much, what 1 owner chooses to respect is up to themselves, each to their own & all that, I just mind myself & couldn't give a rats ass who does what else
DECANIO

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED on Tue May 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Am starting to think like that myself lol

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by united on Wed May 22, 2013 5:20 pm

The person sound like a typical misinformed member of PETA.

What's a dog fighting scumbag? I don't class a breeder who test's for breeding and a person who match's for money as the same thing. Fact is in general it's the irresponsible pet owners that have caused nearly all of the problems the breed face's today. Dog fighters keep their dog's out of the public's eye and generally cull HA dog's.

united

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED on Thu May 23, 2013 2:16 am

What's a breeder who 'tests' for breeding. What planet are you on? dogs used in matches are all over the Internet. it was only a few months ago some tit tried to advertise a calandar up on here of dogs that had been matched ( and the pics weren't a hundred years old either) Go on face book they are all over it for ALL to see. Peds on line more dogs.......public eye thats an understatement they are practically ramming them up our effin arses.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Fri May 31, 2013 2:05 pm

united wrote:The person sound like a typical misinformed member of PETA.

What's a dog fighting scumbag? I don't class a breeder who test's for breeding and a person who match's for money as the same thing. Fact is in general it's the irresponsible pet owners that have caused nearly all of the problems the breed face's today. Dog fighters keep their dog's out of the public's eye and generally cull HA dog's.
. Lol why test them if their not going to match them??

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 31, 2013 4:57 pm

Last edited by Tech on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Fri May 31, 2013 10:27 pm

Tech wrote:
celticpitbulls wrote:
united wrote:The person sound like a typical misinformed member of PETA.

. Lol why test them if their not going to match them??

I think a lot of people here are forgetting something how many of You can say You would have the dogs You have today if it was not for people who worked their dogs?.

I am not condoning this merely stating facts.

I have never heard of any one with working dogs having their dogs loose and being responsible for attacks on people it is generally the people who have all sorts of cross bred dogs who are responsible for the attacks.

If we are to look at dog attacks we usually find the dog is of mixed breed but the pitbull always gets the blame.
It is proven really that the attacks have been from idiot owners NOT dogfighting people or people who are into weightpulling or agility.

Breeders test their stock to determine if it is worth breeding that is the difference between real breeders and show breeders and why You have less problems in the pitbull than You do in other breeds of dog

Show breeders will breed dogs based purely on looks thus creating all kinds of problems which all kc dogs are riddled with these problems today because of such ignorance

im sorry buddy but have to disagree with a lot you've just said there... first of all how on earth could rolling 2 dogs make them be more suitable for owning? Rolling dogs is for 1reason and that's game testing. It dont mean nothing if you are to own a pit as a pet... The breed has being around for over 100 years now and there is no need to use the old myth that only certain people can breed the real deal... Once you breed pure bred pit to pure bred pit you won't breed nothing other than the real deal and still able to keep all original traits only difference is their not being used for combat.. Irresponsible people that allow their dogs to run free cause most problems when it comes to dog on dog attacks and believe me people that own none bull breeds are just as much to blame.. The amount of times I've had to kick none restricted breeds due to them attacking my dogs while out walking.. Attacks on people is not down to just cross breeds, lets be honest there has being many a pure bred pit bull that has attacked and killed just like many cross breeds.. Attacks happen 9times out of 10 in the persons own home or a relatives home and mostly children under the age of 7 years old.. Why? A quick anatomy of a dog attack.. Mother and child in the house own a dog, child wants to pull the dogs ear and mother says " no Paul you can't do that" mother goes out of the room to make a cup of tea, Paul goes and has another try to pull the dogs ear but unfortunately mammy is not there to say no Paul, the dog is cornered now and starts to growl but little Paul doesn't understand what a growl means and continues to pull the dogs ears so the dog retaliates with a bite or full blown attack, mammy hears this and runs into the room but automatically thinks the attack was out of the blue because she wasn't there to see what happened previously... No attacks happen unprovoked there's always a reason and can happen with any dog regardless of breed. Its uneducated owners that are responsible for most attacks that happen today and they dont even know it.. im an owner of 3 pits and often asked are my dogs good with kids, I always answer are your kids good with dogs? I wouldn't have any kids playing with my dogs unless they understand how to, we can't be ignorant to the fact that any dog regardless of breed if taunted can very well attack if provoked.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 31, 2013 11:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by alan81 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:31 am

to cellticpitbulls, if dogs are not bred to form what do you get? you get kc type dogs in other words a ruined breed. to answer your question [ how can rolling 2 dogs make them more ownable] it can keep them to form, human friendly, fit, confident, strong and helthy. not testing dogs leads to breeding for looks and preference wich leads to health problems ect. look at any working breed that is bred away from form they are ruined. now look at a breed that is bred to form and as long as there is sheep and cattle will allways be bred to form the border collie 1 of the smartest, fittest, most loyle and healthiest dogs you will ever find. you might say border collies don't have to be matched well thank god for that because if they were they would be ruiend aswell. rolling too dogs does more than giving spectators a show it keeps a breed and its traits alive. you say if you breed pure bred pit bulls to pure pit bulls you will keep the traits alive? how do you think the kc dogs were ruined just by breeding pure to pure without breeding to form. to keep a breed what ever it may be alive well and healthy in all ways you have to breed for original form.
alan81

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:18 am

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:37 pm

Tech

You cant hold the KC's completely responsible for the way dogs have changed over the years. They have played a roll in the appearance of todays breeds but alot of characteristics can still be found in most. It is the laws of nature that animals including us will evolve to suit our surroundings. I truley believe that if the KC's had never existed alot of breeds would still have changed simply because what they originally bred for does not exist anymore.
Regarding The history of the APBT, we cant romanticise about this time and time again because its not just part of their history. Dogs where bred for one thing only and if it meant breeding two mutts to get a top class fighting dog they would have done it. We see today in some of the working staff peds that they arent pure Staffords. One particular dog that is held in high esteem in certain circles has English Bullterrier back in his pedigree. I believe his only XL was against a dog that was a mongrel EBT X SBT . Mutt on mutt yippee all hail the top dog. Dog men are breeding for winners and at the end of the day they will do what ever it takes. JMO.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:39 am

Last edited by Tech on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:42 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: