Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.




TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by brendant on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:13 pm

BullShit Harry Cope on Kid
avatar
brendant

Posts : 75
Join date : 2011-12-15
Age : 34
Location : Finglas

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by Harry on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:17 pm

My point exactly.
avatar
Harry

Posts : 4729
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by celticpitbulls on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:01 am

Harry wrote:
celticpitbulls wrote:

A dogs breed plays a small factor in its behavior and all to often they like to put the blame on the breed of dog. Monsters are not born their rared!

Harry wrote: This is what I disagree with, I believe completely the opposite. It's my opinion that being a 'pit bull' as you put it, has every thing to do with the dogs behaviour. Most of you own just APBT's, Staffs or a mix of the two. Very few if any of you actually own a 'regular' dog like a Labrador, Spaniel or similar. As most of you know I myself have 3 dogs, Eddie, my Stafford pup and my two Golden Retrievers, Bobby (6) and Ruby (Almost 3)

I have owned other breeds of dogs when i was younger and also worked with many different breeds on a regular bases, the only difference i found among these dogs in is that a pit bull would kick another breeds ass if a fight breaks out, nothing more and nothing less...

Harry wrote: From attending the walks and events you had organised I already had a good view of the differences between your dogs in particular and my own dogs, this being prior to getting my own pup, Eddie. Over the last few months, through owning my own dog and comparing the two breeds to meeting great new people, I have realised that they are very different dogs.

All dogs are different and you'll never find any 2 dogs with the same temperament regardless of what breed they are, again its down to the upbringing, socializing and exposure to every day life is the key to a well mannered dog regardless of breed. some dogs come to our events that are not socialized at all, some come that are and get on well with other dogs, its the same in all breeds its just not noticed when this 6inch dog presents this aggressive behavior but it is when its a pit bull.

Harry wrote: Walking one of my Golden's is a very relaxing experience, you can stroll, you can jog, you can run, you can do whatever you want. It is easy, you don't have to worry about them pulling you, lunging at everything or just being a general nuisance. However, when you walk an APBT, the same can NOT, be said. You must be constantly on your toes and on the look out for possible targets. It is not easy to walk an APBT compared to a Retriever or similar. They are inheritantly stronger and in every single case I've seen, they're a lot more Aggressive, simple as that. This proves that the breed does make a difference. APBTs are more aggressive than most other breeds on the planet and there's nothing you can do about it.

Again harry this is not down to the breed its down to basic training and staffs and pit bulls are very intelligent dogs, if you don't want to be dragged down the street then train your dog to walk beside you, the dog will do it if you teach it! The reason your constantly on your toes and on the look out is not because of the dog in your hand but because of the irresponsible owner allowing their dog to run free, if people kept their dogs under control we wouldnt have that problem, how can we blame the breed for that??
I agree its not as easy to walk a pit bull but that's not due to the fault of the dog now is it how can i blame my dog if some1s off leash dog runs over and approaches me? I don't blame ether dog i blame the owner and be responsible enough to have a muzzle on my own dog encase such incidents occur, why? because he's able to kick that other dogs ass if something kicks off, and that's all his breed is different for.
I also agree with you they are a very strong dog, however you state they are a lot more Aggressive, aggression is a state of mind that is usually the out come of an unsociable, abused, or 9 times out of 10 caused by an attack by another dog, again all dogs regardless of their breed can develop these issues not just the pit bull, The difference the pit bull will whip its ass nothing more nothing less!



Harry wrote:As for the part of your post that says they are not born any different, it's "how you raise them" I think we all know that is complete bullshit. Maybe not everyone here will have experience with pups but quite a few will, they will know that pups can and do kill each other at just 6 weeks old. Dogs that are still infants which have no qualms about launching into a full gown dog and doing their level best to do as much damage as they can. I know some will not believe this, but it is the truth. It has happened countless times all across the world.

Well harry for you to say im talking bull when you've never owned or bred a litter it gas..
You read too much. When i say "its how you raise" them i mean taking them out from an early age and mingle them with other dogs till their of age that they have experienced social skills and thought how to be civil and mannered around other dogs and people, The first 6 months of your pups life will be a huge impact on its behavior, What people like your self don't realize that pups are taking away to soon from their mothers, 6 week old pups will have a go at it but there's a huge difference between biting and making noise, now come on do you really think a 6 week old pup would be able to kill its litter mate? lol These dogs play fight very very rough and i wouldn't recommend it for all to let their dogs get to that level of play as an adult, as for a litter of pups the problem is their not left long enough to learn submission etc, that is the age you put your foot in and start taking control. I find it hilarious when you come on a say im talking bullshit when your talking on the words and knowledge from a computer..

Harry wrote: This may not be the best press for the breed, but it is the TRUTH. This is what people need to know. These are not 'regular' dogs and as such should not be treated like they are. This is my opinion, you can choose to listen to it, or listen to everyone and "raise your dog right" and watch him kill the Neighbours poodle two years later.

Well i haven't done a bad job harry as yet only thing is i never socialized mine with other dogs, they dont like other dogs and would have no problem in killing 1 too, the difference is im aware of this and keep them under control, i also love the breed and if i can pass on a small recipe without all the drama making them out to be a different speeches other than dogs then whats the problem?
There's no doubt that this breed is the ultimate dog and that's what draws a certain kind of person to them, some choose to follow threw and some are not suited to the breed, at the end of the day it boils down to having thick skin and common seance, its not that hard. We cant blame the breed for anything other than being the ultimate fighting dog and bullys of others if a fight breaks out other than that and the fact of other irresponsible or uneducated owners the APBT is no different than any other breed and if you think it is then please enlighten me..


Harry wrote: Please keep in mind that I love real APBTs, these dogs are my passion but I hate to see them misrepresented. I can think of no greater animal than the APBT, I can't wait to get my own.
I

I'd appreciate if this was left posted here and was not deleted with out explanation. I've tried my best to voice my opinion with out breaking your forum rules.
Harry.

Again harry there's no1 here trying to sugar coat any breed of dog. Its being put there umpteen times that the only difference is their ability to kill another dog, Weather we like it or lump it this is the terms and conditions and not because the breed is a liability its the actions of people. Being on our toes is a must with this breed, when it comes to keeping our own dogs safe and keeping others safe. weather its the fault of others we always have to be 1 step ahead and think prevention, weather our dogs are stable well socialized we must never forget the upper-hand The Apbt would have on another dog, they just have no breaks and can cause mayhem to some one thats not able to control one. so harry when i said a dogs breed is only a small factor in its behavior this is what i meant... The APBT has the same psychology as any other breed, its there plain to see in the way the dog reacts to the same issues and present the same behaviors as other breeds do, the difference is just a small factor, his ability and us being aware of it and able to control it!




______________________________________________
You Can't Judge My Choices Without knowing My Reasons!
avatar
celticpitbulls
Admin

Posts : 5950
Join date : 2008-04-20
Location : DUBLIN

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by brendant on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:36 am

wen i got Brock i was expecting something to set him off but he totally proved me and many other wrong, he has a better temperment that most F**KING HUMANS i know
And wen it comes to Lilly talkin Bull, Ive learned more about the APBT in 5 months than i have in 29 years from LISTENING to wat Lilly has experienced with the APBT,
avatar
brendant

Posts : 75
Join date : 2011-12-15
Age : 34
Location : Finglas

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by DECANIO on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:40 am

I'll reply in full when i get a chance, 6wk & upwards pups can kill littermates, thats a fact, know of a litter thats 5mths now in which 9 were born & only 6 remain, no lies.
avatar
DECANIO

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:41 am

........


Last edited by RickyB on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by Harry on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:57 am

DECANIO wrote:I'll reply in full when i get a chance, 6wk & upwards pups can kill littermates, thats a fact, know of a litter thats 5mths now in which 9 were born & only 6 remain, no lies.

I'll do the same. For now, I've a match to go to. Toodles.

(It's football before you all poo your pants)
avatar
Harry

Posts : 4729
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by Philly Mc00 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:04 am

There's always gonna be examples lads but I think the main point of whats tryin to be said here is that prevention is key.

I have three dogs here who play together every day but when I leave none of them are left together, why?? Prevention!!

The same three dogs if something kicks off have the capability to kill each other. Only yesterday while playing in the garden Sophie (who is the most placid with other dogs of all mine) stumbled across a nest of eggs, when Charlo came over bang the two kicked off and then Lilly comes steamin in and you have a three way scrap on your hands, only for the quick actions of my girlfriend that would have resulted in a dead dog or maybe three dead dogs or would it? The simple answer is no because the dogs are never left unatended. The reason there never left alone is not because there liable to kick off at any minute it's because if they do kick off the damage will be unrepairable. If I had three labradoodles what would be the difference? The dogs would still have fought over the food but a level would have been set very quickly by the most dominant dog. This is where the apbt is different from other breeds, when a fight starts the tenacity and intent are on another level to most other breeds.

My girlfriend managed to get Sophie out very quickly and with very little damage but it took her another 5 minutes to get Lilly off Charlo and he came out the worse with a fairly bashes up leg which is much better today, Lilly had a couple of cuts on her face and as always he ear got cut and pissed blood everywhere making things look much worse than it was. That was two 48 pound dogs tearing into each other for 5 or 6 minutes, What I want to know is how long were those pups left unatended to manage to kill at only 6 weeks old? and then a further 2 Between 6 weeks and 5 months? I mean where was the prevention there? I don't know the situation but it sounds like a bit of neglegence to me to lose 3 pups.

______________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Philly Mc00

Posts : 720
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 34
Location : North County Dublin

http://www.facebook.com/phillymcrory

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by pitguy on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:10 am

these dogs are not the same as every other breed.to treat them like they are is just dangerous.they can be all tail waging with dogs one day and then turn around a try to kill each other in a second.kill not just fight you show me what other breed of dogs will actually try kill eachother and not just a fight for dominance.eg heres gemma two years ago plaing with a dog [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] try do that with her now and i think we all know what will happen.you tell people these are like every dog but they require a different type of owner and although mine are pets as most on here are they are still a working dog and will work damn well at what there bred to do.nurture versus nature you wont win.as for young pups havin a go i think we have all seen a pup like that.i know with my lil one iv already had three lil scraps when walking her in the park.iv owned gsd labs and lots of mutts seen them all fight each other and then lick each others wounds after.i saw gemma geting torn up by three dogs and all she wanted to do was go again.what other breed of dog is like that
avatar
pitguy

Posts : 224
Join date : 2010-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by Philly Mc00 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:16 am

I agree with ye Sean, saying that I also agree with whoever said every dog is different, my three went to war yesterday and poor Charlo was nearly left with three legs. The three of them were on the couch together last night licking each others wounds lol.

______________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Philly Mc00

Posts : 720
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 34
Location : North County Dublin

http://www.facebook.com/phillymcrory

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by tanya83 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:50 am

My girl suki cannot be near my other dogs and she was raised right just like other dogs we've owned , she was up in that feild every week for about 6 months playing with other dogs and getting socialized and it seems like it was a complete waste of time . Our dogs are 100% with ppl if they where not we would put them down straight away ,but they cannot be near other dogs and we are ok with that .

I think the socializing of the APBT should be about socializing with ppl , you can try and socialize your pup with other ppls dogs but you will be wasting your time.
some "well bred pitbulls" can live with others , but its a rareity .
avatar
tanya83

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by vickymonahan on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:04 am

There are just all facts but facts don't account for the whole breed ... Pitbulls All have different Personallitys you could have a lazy dog a fantastic dog or a complete physco ! Every dog has a mind of its own Every dog has been made for a purpose Pitbulls just happen to be fighting that's obviously why they will never back away from a challenge ........ I believe the personalitly of the dog plays the biggest factor how you treat them and then the breed itself in that order ......... I remeber asking advice on can i leave the pitbull and yorkie together ???? I saw my friends pitbull gets on great with their little dog for the past 6 years now this pitbull sleeps most of the day it's lazy ......but then again people told me my yorkie could end up in ribbons which is true it's possible .... And I think that a lot has to do with personality a pitbull could tolerate the small dog and be grand or a pitbull could just kill the small dog ... It's a potientially dangerous breed yes but alot has to do with the dogs personallity ......And it takes someone with good common sense to and a knowledge of the breed to have one ...... This is where I disagree with Harry comparing his Labrador with his staff I'm not being disrespectful you say your constantly on your toes When Walking that's not the breed that's just your dogs personality and age he's boisterous And if he's well socialised he should be fine walking past different dogs and situations Of course muzzled because yeah the other dog mightend be As well behaved as yours and that could lead to a fight but your Labradors are a lot older and experienced at the same time as well .. Take all the factors into consideration not just the breed
avatar
vickymonahan

Posts : 117
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by celticpitbulls on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:41 pm

RickyB wrote:On the tv3 documentary, the ispca man said they took a young pup from a raid they did, and had the pups raised and trained, and when the dog matured its changed...and was put down, made no difference who raised it , it switched on to other dogs...i think if you keep telling people that the APBT is no different that other breeds they will treat them the same as other breeds and thats when you will see trouble...


OK Ricky how do you explain my 3 dogs all living together without wanting to kill each other ?? I know lots of people that have multiple dogs living together and yes some times they have their moments just like a house of other breeds, it takes a lot of work, consistency and patients and if you have that knowledge to handle it it does help, That's what people are trying to provide here to help those that plan to take that root.

Id also like to make it a little clearer that when i say the APBT is no different than any other dogs im referring to their Psychology, mentality, their mind not their ability!
A pit bull don't know he's a pit bull no more than a jack Russel knows he's a jack Russel, A breed's ability or traits will only kick in at a time when that dog is brought to that challenge other wise the dog can be thought to adapt like any other breed depending on its owner and its lifestyle it can be done. Were talking in general here about a certain topic and if some1 was to join here and say im getting 3 pit bulls i never owned them before do you really think that id be telling people "oh great you can have them all in your bed and bring them all to the park to play" then i think you misunderstand me a lot.

It seems to be going back in each post stating the same thing over and over again how they will kill and how they switch on and what they are capable of causing, nowhere in any of my posts have i stated where i have disagreed with this i have in fact stated this would be the difference and the only thing the separates the APBT from other breeds, However i dont believe in the term "switched on" for the reasons being.. all dogs at some stage will be subject to a challenge at some stage in their life just like people, its mother nature. We have no idea as to when this time will come but i dont believe a pit bull wakes up 1 day and says " i think ill switch on today and get into a fight" it happens to all breeds. Everyone knows what the APBT was bred for and that's the challenge we all take on when owning this breed is their ability in that area. For pet owners is it controllable? Yes it is if their willing to learn..


______________________________________________
You Can't Judge My Choices Without knowing My Reasons!
avatar
celticpitbulls
Admin

Posts : 5950
Join date : 2008-04-20
Location : DUBLIN

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by celticpitbulls on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:45 pm

tanya83 wrote:My girl suki cannot be near my other dogs and she was raised right just like other dogs we've owned , she was up in that feild every week for about 6 months playing with other dogs and getting socialized and it seems like it was a complete waste of time . Our dogs are 100% with ppl if they where not we would put them down straight away ,but they cannot be near other dogs and we are ok with that .

I think the socializing of the APBT should be about socializing with ppl , you can try and socialize your pup with other ppls dogs but you will be wasting your time.
some "well bred pitbulls" can live with others , but its a rareity .

Tanya now in all fairness i noticed with suki she was a handful from a very young age, i pointed this out on many occasion and told you both to start correcting her and i was answered back, i dont want to break her spirit! Training a dog wont break their spirit it just puts manners on them.

______________________________________________
You Can't Judge My Choices Without knowing My Reasons!
avatar
celticpitbulls
Admin

Posts : 5950
Join date : 2008-04-20
Location : DUBLIN

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by cs on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:55 pm

I've read through this thread and it got me thinking, some of you may own a pitbull looking dog, some may own a true game bred dog. The difference is like chalk and cheese.

Like any working breed, you have dogs which are bred true to type following strict guidelines to preserve the true "working" ability and traits.

Then you have people which are breeding for looks and pretty colours, colours of noses for example, these people arent breeding for the same reasons a working kennel is, therefore the working drive and traits will become somewhat diluted. Some of you may actually own something which resembles a pitbull but actually is no different in temperament than a Labrador. This maybe why some of you are thinking that my dog poses no threat to other dogs. Again tho you have to respect the fact - that if the dog for whatever reason became aggressive, that it has the build and frame to do some serious damage.



There will always be exceptions to the rule but on the whole these dogs were bred for combat. Some of them may not start until mature...some may need bump starting...some may never start but whats to say that isnt going to happen next time their playing in the park together? How ready for that are you?

A wolf may be dressed in sheeps clothing but its still a wolf...
avatar
cs

Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-10-23

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by tanya83 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:05 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:
tanya83 wrote:My girl suki cannot be near my other dogs and she was raised right just like other dogs we've owned , she was up in that feild every week for about 6 months playing with other dogs and getting socialized and it seems like it was a complete waste of time . Our dogs are 100% with ppl if they where not we would put them down straight away ,but they cannot be near other dogs and we are ok with that .

I think the socializing of the APBT should be about socializing with ppl , you can try and socialize your pup with other ppls dogs but you will be wasting your time.
some "well bred pitbulls" can live with others , but its a rareity .

Tanya now in all fairness i noticed with suki she was a handful from a very young age, i pointed this out on many occasion and told you both to start correcting her and i was answered back, i dont want to break her spirit! Training a dog wont break their spirit it just puts manners on them.


thats true lilly she was a handfull from day 1 , i remember you saying that and the "break her spirit " would of been in jest you know how he is Rolling Eyes !

james has no problems correcting or putting manners on any dog, he said he'd love to get his hands on your molly and snap her out of that habit she has of humping you all the time , maybe you could take suki and we'll take molly for a week Laughing
avatar
tanya83

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by celticpitbulls on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:20 pm

haha suki would just kill all my curs over here Tanya if i took her lol

id well believe he'd like to get his hands on her but tell him she only has eyes for me lol!

______________________________________________
You Can't Judge My Choices Without knowing My Reasons!
avatar
celticpitbulls
Admin

Posts : 5950
Join date : 2008-04-20
Location : DUBLIN

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by tanya83 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:22 pm

lol!
avatar
tanya83

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by pitguy on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:26 pm

cs wrote:I've read through this thread and it got me thinking, some of you may own a pitbull looking dog, some may own a true game bred dog. The difference is like chalk and cheese.

Like any working breed, you have dogs which are bred true to type following strict guidelines to preserve the true "working" ability and traits.

Then you have people which are breeding for looks and pretty colours, colours of noses for example, these people arent breeding for the same reasons a working kennel is, therefore the working drive and traits will become somewhat diluted. Some of you may actually own something which resembles a pitbull but actually is no different in temperament than a Labrador. This maybe why some of you are thinking that my dog poses no threat to other dogs. Again tho you have to respect the fact - that if the dog for whatever reason became aggressive, that it has the build and frame to do some serious damage.



There will always be exceptions to the rule but on the whole these dogs were bred for combat. Some of them may not start until mature...some may need bump starting...some may never start but whats to say that isnt going to happen next time their playing in the park together? How ready for that are you?

A wolf may be dressed in sheeps clothing but its still a wolf...
well put cs
avatar
pitguy

Posts : 224
Join date : 2010-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:45 pm

.......


Last edited by RickyB on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by celticpitbulls on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Every post states the same answers as to the ability of the dog in combat and we all agree that the APBT is the ultimate breed when it comes to animal combat. just going back to the original question i was trying to ask, other than their ability to control other breeds in combat what else separate's them from other breeds?

For instance the GSD fits into society without the drama of its origin, im just wondering what the difference is in relation to pet ownership and a pit bull to other breeds?


______________________________________________
You Can't Judge My Choices Without knowing My Reasons!
avatar
celticpitbulls
Admin

Posts : 5950
Join date : 2008-04-20
Location : DUBLIN

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by Philly Mc00 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:05 pm

An experienced dogman told me straight out that you could go out and buy a dog off the Likes of olx and it could make Gr Ch but it's ability to produce is were it would fall down in comparison to a well bred dog, it's purely down to the psychology behind the dog

______________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Philly Mc00

Posts : 720
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 34
Location : North County Dublin

http://www.facebook.com/phillymcrory

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by celticpitbulls on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:18 pm

RickyB wrote: are you able to let you "Butch" loose around other dogs?...loose in the park ?...

ill answer your questing Ricky as there's a valid explanation for that but after i answer yours you might like to answer the 1 i just asked you.

NO NO NO are you joking butch would be killed if i let him off in the park, you know why? he'd be put down because he will be able to kill another dog if it started. Because he's a dog that from a young age was walked on the streets and targeted by irresponsible people that just let their aggressive little dogs run over and constantly attack him, my dogs were kept away from other dogs and never experienced other dogs social skills etc, The reason why their fine together is due to them understanding each others social skills My point is that even if i had of owned 3 different breeds and them being subject to the same attacks they would also develop an issue with aggression, To top it off he is a pit bull, and we all know ricky what a pit bull is capable of if its gotten into a fight with another dog, so i dont put his aggressiveness down to his breed as it could happen to any dog but what i am is aware of it and keep it under control for the safty of other. Again aggression is a state of mind even a proven game dog can be sociable around other dogs.

Now we will go onto something a little more extreme and put the pit rite to the test???

it can be done

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

______________________________________________
You Can't Judge My Choices Without knowing My Reasons!
avatar
celticpitbulls
Admin

Posts : 5950
Join date : 2008-04-20
Location : DUBLIN

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by celticpitbulls on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:28 pm

There's a hole different side to these dogs that's out for people to learn, Their very intelligent and think no different than any other breed, again ill say once you keep in mind they rule the rust with other dogs and you need to know what you have however they can be pets and be controlled.

______________________________________________
You Can't Judge My Choices Without knowing My Reasons!
avatar
celticpitbulls
Admin

Posts : 5950
Join date : 2008-04-20
Location : DUBLIN

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by Harry on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:51 pm

@Vicky

I was not using my dog Eddie as an example. He's the softest "Staff" (if he is one at all) around. I don't muzzle him, he's not even on the lead most days. We do about 1hr walking per day. This is all through fields and bogland, so the law does not apply. I'm very relaxed with my dog, what I said about "being on my toes" was just an account of my observations over the last 2 years. When faced with another dog, Eddie curs out at the first sign of a challenge. Hopefully once he gets older he'll stop being such a softcock and will man up a bit, but for now, I've nothing to worry about.

My dog is very well behaved, I'd go as far as to say that when he has been up in Dublin the last two times, he was the quietest and best behaved.

@Lilly/Brendan

I really can not see how you can actually believe what you've said. Lilly, you're blaming other people for how Butch is around other dogs? If you didn't want him to be as aggressive as he is, why didn't you walk him when these people who harassed you/your dog were not around? I.e. late at night or early morning.

I really can't believe that you think you can train a Pitbull to be like other dogs. I believed it for maybe 12/15months when I was very green, but now after seeing many Pitbulls I genuinely thought it was some sort of story to keep the press away from these dogs. How can you explain that when someone gets their Pitbull pup (a member of this forum) brings him to classes, socialises him with every thing that moves and even went as far as to neuter the dog, this same dog can't be left alone with other animals now he is 2 years old.

And I do believe that APBTs do "turn on". Some do it quite gradually, building up as they get older. But a lot of dogs I've seen rapidly change their mindset, going from sitting and playing with other dogs all day to genuinely wanting to kill them. It happens and you know it.

Harry
avatar
Harry

Posts : 4729
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: TV3 Dog Fighting Cruelty in Ireland

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum