Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Homer the homeless pitbull

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Homer the homeless pitbull

Post by blade44 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:58 am

So, on Sunday whilst working in DSPCA a guy tried to surrender a white pitbull he found in Jobstown. DSPCA don't take surrenders and don't take pitbulls, so his only option was the pound. NowI can't be sure but I don't think that option would have given him much of a future. I met with Homer (the dog) and fell in love with him straight away. He's a complete soft eeejit - very affectionate and friendly. A gang of us made a huge fuss of him and he was loving it. I decided to ake him for a few days and see if I could rehome him. Homer is about 2 and not neutered (I'll get that sorted). He gets on fine with my dog, a lab cross, but he's not keen o the cat. He can clear a 6 foot wall, and like all pits he is really strong. I've had him 4 days now and he's been nothing but fantastic - not even a hint of aggession or trouble. The problem is I can't keep him. He's too much for the cat who's having a breakdown and I'm not there enoug to give hime the attention he needs. I really need to rehome him BUT this dog is special. He's quiet and affectionate. He won't be going anywhere I think he'll be used for fighting or just for someone's image. He will only go to a loving home where he'll be part of the family. If you feel this could be you or know anyone who wold be interested, let me know through this site.

blade44

Back to top Go down

Re: Homer the homeless pitbull

Post by YENALED on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Hello Homer Welcome to IPBTA. I hope you don't mind I have moved this post to the re-homing section as the thread you originally posted in is usually for introductions. Sounds like you have a lovely fella there and I wish you all the best in finding Homer his forever home. If you get chance try and put up a few pics of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Recieved these pics from Blade 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top