Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

GET a load of this

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GET a load of this

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:50 pm

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: GET a load of this

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:09 pm

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:28 pm

I cant get it C&G me laptops broke im using me fone

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Mc00 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:56 pm

lol! lol! I love that. "Why would you want a Pit Bull?" I'd love to ask Colm Hayes "why would ye want a King Charles?" It's a proper ignorant question isn't it. The two guys he had on were good I thought.

http://www.facebook.com/phillymcrory

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:59 pm

just finished listening to it..... fair play to the bloke at the end kept his cool and told the truth.... hats off
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:06 pm

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:15 pm

Thanks for taking the time to writing that out Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:18 pm

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:14 am

I am speechless, I cant understand how something like that can be discussed on a radio show that is so full of inaccuracies. Colm Hayes makes so many degrading comments .....
" the dog is the same shape as he is"
..... this next one really take the biscuit
"I always say when I'm walking around, walking your dog, Dog owners are like me in this respect as you approach and you turn and see a dog and it might be a slightly threatening breed and you know what I mean by slightly threatening breeds, the first thing I always do is I look at the owner and then you seemingly go ah the owner looks grand thats ok ands eh thats how I make my mind up"
Is that it, is that how this erroneous misguided conversation is going to end? Can this kind of scaremongering be allowed? I am fully aware that the 2 other guests tried to explain and get their points across but at the end of the day most of the facts were wrong. How can Colm Hayes get away with what amounts to derogatory comments? I might start looking at owners of King charles dogs now and think that they are no more articulate than a 6 month old baby ...Bloody disgrace.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:54 am

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:18 am

I haven't had a chance to listen to this yet but from reading what you have wrote above I am fuming!!!!!!!! I think we as an association should invite the uneducated Colm Hayes to our 2 day events this weekend and educate the fool aaarrrrrggghhh

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:52 pm

well i just found the facebook page belong to colm hayes radio show and I posted an invite to our event on Sunday and he erased it No it seems or looks like he really don't like pit bulls Rolling Eyes

just to let you all no guys colm will be hearing from us as soon as we have the championships over with this weekend. Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:21 pm

alot of ppl dont wanna kno the good things that are being done for the breed coz they actually listen to the likes of him and there minds are made up.... fair play for inviting him.... a-hole for not taking up the offer.... hope ya lash him out of it....lol
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:07 pm

There no poínt in lashing anybody out if out of it or loosing the rag with these ppl in the media that would only make them think they are right about the type of ppl who keep this breed there is more than one way to skin a cat ! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:31 pm

very true james you catch more bees with honey than you will with vinegar, when it comes to these things all jokes aside you have to deal in a respectful and to the point kind of manner. Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:40 am

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:12 am

Nice 1 Ibor thats a fab vid too, i think when we get this weekend over with we have to get onto this ASAP.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:08 pm

My girlfriend emailed him after hearing the show, all she got back was an auto reply saying they can't answer emails as they get too many. Hate the way Colm wouldn't actually mention the breed for ages, he conned your man Rory into saying APBT eventually. has anyone seen whats going on In Australia now with the breed bans? It's a dangerous place for pitbulls

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:31 am

james b wrote:There no poínt in lashing anybody out if out of it or loosing the rag with these ppl in the media that would only make them think they are right about the type of ppl who keep this breed there is more than one way to skin a cat ! Wink

never mentioned in a bad way or arguing..... lashing someone out of it doesnt always mean in a bad way. come on id be the last person to do it in a bad way but id be one of the first to speak out and protect the breed where needs be
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:34 pm

I think that guy from Cork is/was a member here, he was the one who put all of ye onto that guy with the tripe. Remember he had all the vids of his Malinois' walking around his garden wall and the protection vids.

I think what Colm said is the POV held by the majority of Irish people. Since I've gotten my pup I've seen so much of it already with just my family. My auntie for example, she has a 20month old daughter who loves dogs (ehh hemm, pat myself on the back) and Eddie is really good with her, way more gentle with her than he is with me or anyone big, but already my Auntie has said that once he 'gets big' she's not going to come over anymore because 'those dogs are very dangerous, they're the ones who maul children and grannies' I was very happy to see my Mam defend the dogs then (she likes Eddie) but I had to leave the room, I lose my cool when people don't listen to my very valid points (I become much less articulate lol) but still I think the view my Auntie has is very common. So many people that have seen my dog have been very positive about him, his looks especially.

I predict alot of conflict in the next few months Sad
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:14 pm

harry get the thick skin on ya now and just ignore the comments and looks.... some ppl dont want to listen but im sure they will all see with time hes not as bad as they think
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtylilrossie on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:18 pm

Harry wrote:I think that guy from Cork is/was a member here, he was the one who put all of ye onto that guy with the tripe. Remember he had all the vids of his Malinois' walking around his garden wall and the protection vids.

I think what Colm said is the POV held by the majority of Irish people. Since I've gotten my pup I've seen so much of it already with just my family. My auntie for example, she has a 20month old daughter who loves dogs (ehh hemm, pat myself on the back) and Eddie is really good with her, way more gentle with her than he is with me or anyone big, but already my Auntie has said that once he 'gets big' she's not going to come over anymore because 'those dogs are very dangerous, they're the ones who maul children and grannies' I was very happy to see my Mam defend the dogs then (she likes Eddie) but I had to leave the room, I lose my cool when people don't listen to my very valid points (I become much less articulate lol) but still I think the view my Auntie has is very common. So many people that have seen my dog have been very positive about him, his looks especially.

I predict alot of conflict in the next few months Sad

we get a lot of that with Izzy here, everyone is drawn to her coz of her color, looks and the fact she is so friendly to everyone (she wags her whole bottom when she sees people) and people will pet her and say how gorgeous she is and she licks them all over but when they ask what breed she is and you tell them they draw away from her and say thats nice and walk off. i feel sorry for Izzy as she doesnt understand why they wont pet her anymore and they stop been friendly to her when all she wants is to lick them and meet them. It has got so bad round here that we just tell people she is an irish staffy which we shouldnt have to do but thats what its like in our estate and we are worried if the estate committee found out what she is they would tell us to leave or give us hassle. Its a sad sad world we live in just coz of some uneducated people who dont know anything about pits and dont want to know coz they have their mind made up. Its the dogs that i feel sorry for coz all they want to do is be friendly and give tons of love to EVERYONE but they dont always get it, they dont know what they have done wrong. At least there is organisations like this one out there giving a voice to the pitbulls of ireland and they will always have a place where they are loved by everyone.

dirtylilrossie

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Mine is actually an Irish Staff, so I say he's a Weimeraner (A Whaaa? Is the usual response ;P)
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtylilrossie on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:40 pm

yea Izzy usually gets called one of them. We shouldnt have to deny what type of breed we have but thats they way ireland is, i dont like to admit it but i see dark days ahead for the bully breeds Crying or Very sad

dirtylilrossie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:24 pm

VERY dark days IMO, get that all the time.. people coming up and loving the dog and when they find out what he is, you wouldn't see them for dust! I have to say a few family members were VERY dubious about the breed before Louie came along but now love him to bits and are more open to other dogs too.. Unfortunately there are still small minded people who would cross the road when you are walking the dog on a lead..
A few years ago I met my first APBT and initially I was wary.. she just came up and licked my face and put her head on my lap and I fell in love!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top