Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

ears cropped poll

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ears cropped poll

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:35 pm

if you could get it done would you?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: ears cropped poll

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Nah looks shit, and no reason for its just cruel

Back to top Go down

Post by ste on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:32 pm

agree with deco,it's pointless, purely aesthetic and serves no purpose other than to make a dog look "tough"..

ste

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:00 pm

if thats the case why box the tails of rottys, boxers and many more breeds?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ste on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:17 pm

it's illegal to dock any dog's tail now because it's considered inhumane and cruel to the animal,ear cropping and tail docking are both unnecessary and purely aesthetic some people claim ear cropping can prevent some ear problems but in most cases it's just done for the look...

ste

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:54 pm

I think its cruel to dock tails to, but that has been the way for a long time. Like ste says its prob illegal now anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Nooo Couldnt Imagine My Boots With His Ears Cropped Shocked I Love His Bunny Ears Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:48 pm

i thinks if your born with it then its meant to be there, i do agree with it being cruel when its done by a joe soap hacking the ears off poor dogs and not even knowing how to look after them let alone do it, but i have to say when its done by a "professional vet" i have seen some nice jobs done on some dogs although i wouldn't go out and get my pup done if i had the chance.
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:15 am

celticpitbulls wrote:i thinks if your born with it then its meant to be there, i do agree with it being cruel when its done by a joe soap hacking the ears off poor dogs and not even knowing how to look after them let alone do it, but i have to say when its done by a "professional vet" i have seen some nice jobs done on some dogs although i wouldn't go out and get my pup done if i had the chance.

Yes I Agree,Just Anyone Can't Do It.Ive Seen Some Pics On Another Pitty Forum & There Is Some Bad Jobs!
Like Boxers I Think They Look Way Better With Their Tail Docked. Some People Think Pitty's Look Nicer With Their Ears Cropped.

Back to top Go down

its barbaric

Post by eamo s on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:44 pm

a fashion statement, pimp my dog Evil or Very Mad
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 pm

BootsPitty wrote:Nooo Couldnt Imagine My Boots With His Ears Cropped Shocked I Love His Bunny Ears Cool
the name for them ears are called Angel ears
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:34 pm

i think boots looks unique :D i've never seen a dog like him he's a cracking looking fella fair play I love you
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nika139 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:22 am

we've actually already had appointment with a vet over in Poland when we baught our male dog.
(it was already illigal 6 yrs ago, but you could easilly find a vet who would do it for extra cash)
but after a nice talk with a breeder we baught the boy from, we've changed our mind.
his parents had normal ears, still show dogs, but his grandparents had to have their ears cropped,
And like she said, if she wanted to be a professional breeder when she started, she had to show her dogs off on the shows, her dogs had to win few prices, and after that she could to become a breeder.
anyway back then it was the only way pitbulls/amstaffs looked like.so she had no choice.
dogs with ears cropped looks taugher, but i don't think is necessery.
i love my dogs ears, and our daughter has something to pull off.
But like you all propably know, in Poland, most of the dogs has their ears cropped,
People over there think pit/amstaff with ears is not a real pit=bullshit.
and i think what inside it counts.

nika139

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:45 am

If i were to be given the opportunity I would have it done I think it makes them look more clean-cut, makes them more defined which i like.
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:48 pm

GoldenBoy wrote:If i were to be given the opportunity I would have it done I think it makes them look more clean-cut, makes them more defined which i like.
as i said although i have seen nice jobs the ears wouldn't be the making of a dog to me, i look more at their shape, condition etc..
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:10 pm

GoldenBoy wrote:If i were to be given the opportunity I would have it done I think it makes them look more clean-cut, makes them more defined which i like.
I think its a macho look, its more of a trend n fashion statement. If you are into that style, i wont argue. After all everyone is entitled to an opinion.
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin420 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:49 pm

Have ta say I like a dog with a crop, would I get mine probly not (I did vote yes though) but If i was Id be gettin it done by a professional vet In Europe where its still legal we have all seen some hack jobs out there I can only Imagine what would make these people do that to their dogs Evil or Very Mad

Justin420

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:10 am

i couldnt do it they look to agresive and like there used for fighting with there ears cut

id feel cruel it has to hurt imagine a doctoir cropping your ears haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin420 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:13 pm

asti rs wrote:i couldnt do it they look to agresive and like there used for fighting with there ears cut

id feel cruel it has to hurt imagine a doctoir cropping your ears haha

Ive heard most Dog Fighters dont crop because it gives the other Dog something to bite besides the neck dont know how true it is but just something I heard?

Justin420

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:22 pm

no said it looks like thats what the dogs are for with cropped ears they look very angry with there ears cut no nothing bout dog fighting thats just cruel Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Each trainned fighting Pitbull, Staffy etc has its own style and technique of fighting. You can get hind leg dogs, ear dogs etc. Either way, its all Prehistoric and should be kept that way. Cropped ears could be for different reasons, sum dogs are born with full drop ears. Longer than normal ears, some owners dont like them. So they gget cosmetic surgery on the poor dogs. Others show them, so most would prefer cropped ears. Just like the Am Staff, a show version of the Pitbull.
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:55 pm

nika139 wrote:
i love my dogs ears, and our daughter has something to pull off.

just a little advice nika, you really shouldn't let the little 1 pull out of the dogs ears, even the most stable of dogs can snap when they get their ears pulled, its the most sensitive part of their body and unfortunately dogs know no other way to retaliate other than using their mouth.
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:34 pm

i think some pit bulls are suited to the croped look and some arn't i can see how its cruel but if its done by a proper vet and the dog is reallly well looked after then why not, i personally wouldn't do it to my pit as people will be even worse when they see the dog as i do agree it looks more vicious even tho there as harmful as a fly.

also in america pit bulls, boxers, doberman, great danes, dogo argentino etc get there ears cropped it there used for hunting bores, it stops the bore been able to bite the dogs ear and thats one less chance of getting ur dog hurt
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:39 pm

another reason i wouldn't do it is because you can tell a lot about a dogs behavior by their ears and tail etc, and ill still say if their born with it i suppose they should be able to keep it Surprised
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry on Sun May 16, 2010 9:35 pm

BUMP
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down