Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Dog almost Stolen

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dog almost Stolen

Post by staceyol on Mon May 16, 2011 9:36 pm

I would have to disagree with you Harry, I would hope that any dog of mine would protect me if I was in danger or felt threatened. I would never like Molly to attack anyone but If I was being attacked I definitely would like her to defend me... I am almost 100% sure that had there not being so many people around when I was approached by these scumbags that I would of gotten a slap off one of them and they would of taking Molly from me. I don't think it matters what breed of dog she is, if her owner was being attacked then she should defend her owner.

I also agree with you Lilly, I have to say I was a little dissapointed that Molly didn't growl at them especially when one of them was practically screaming into my face and she must of sensed that I felt frightened. But I think she was more confused than anything else and that's ok too.

Anyway it's not going to happen again, the hurly worked wonders tonight in Corkagh Park, all those people that usually have their 'little ankle biters' off the lead put them on their leads straight away when they seen me coming lol cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Mon May 16, 2011 9:37 pm

harry so you mean to tell me that if you were sitting in your kitchen 1 night and your pit sitting beside you and a guy comes in with a baseball bat to rob your gaf and he happened to go for you then it would bother you that your dog went and just took that baseball bat off the guy like taking candy from a child? lol come on harry we are not talking about having our dogs attack people walking down the street, its more like saying if you were in a bit of difficultly and your dog was your only hope would you refuse his help???

im not saying id let any of my dogs hurt any1, i would never use my dog as a weapon, my dogs love every1 not to good with other dogs but they would lick the skin from your body, however, what im saying is regardless of what breed i own i would like to know that if i was going to be attacked i would have the back up of my 4 legged friend, weather or not my dog is a pit bull or jack Russel the breed standard doesn't come into it. a bond is made with you and your dog, my dogs are my buddy's as long as i have them i would never let them or allow them to hurt any1.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Mon May 16, 2011 9:41 pm

staceyol wrote:I would have to disagree with you Harry, I would hope that any dog of mine would protect me if I was in danger or felt threatened. I would never like Molly to attack anyone but If I was being attacked I definitely would like her to defend me... I am almost 100% sure that had there not being so many people around when I was approached by these scumbags that I would of gotten a slap off one of them and they would of taking Molly from me. I don't think it matters what breed of dog she is, if her owner was being attacked then she should defend her owner.

I also agree with you Lilly, I have to say I was a little dissapointed that Molly didn't growl at them especially when one of them was practically screaming into my face and she must of sensed that I felt frightened. But I think she was more confused than anything else and that's ok too.

Anyway it's not going to happen again, the hurly worked wonders tonight in Corkagh Park, all those people that usually have their 'little ankle biters' off the lead put them on their leads straight away when they seen me coming lol cheers

fair play to you stacy at least you stood your ground, some people could have panicked and off the poor dog would have gone and thats that, little scum bags maybe it wasn't their first time ether...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by clubby on Mon May 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Id have to dissagree with you to harry , any dog owner regardless of breed would like to think their dog would give a warning to back off if their threatened , thats totaly different from encoraging your dog to attack , i guess some dogs would be more sensitive to whats not normal , like someone comeing up shouting in your face , Thats why i was happy the way Ruby reacted the night your man was at my gate in the dark , shes so young and only here a wet day but she sensed it wasnt the norm , had it been daytime and i was chatting to they guy she wouldnt have done that , on the other hand fellow would go off with anybody as long as he didnt have to walk in puddles or long wet grass .
clubby

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry on Mon May 16, 2011 10:20 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:harry so you mean to tell me that if you were sitting in your kitchen 1 night and your pit sitting beside you and a guy comes in with a baseball bat to rob your gaf and he happened to go for you then it would bother you that your dog went and just took that baseball bat off the guy like taking candy from a child? lol come on harry we are not talking about having our dogs attack people walking down the street, its more like saying if you were in a bit of difficultly and your dog was your only hope would you refuse his help???

im not saying id let any of my dogs hurt any1, i would never use my dog as a weapon, my dogs love every1 not to good with other dogs but they would lick the skin from your body, however, what im saying is regardless of what breed i own i would like to know that if i was going to be attacked i would have the back up of my 4 legged friend, weather or not my dog is a pit bull or jack Russel the breed standard doesn't come into it. a bond is made with you and your dog, my dogs are my buddy's as long as i have them i would never let them or allow them to hurt any1.

I know it doesn't sound great to you guys but yes, I would not want my APBT to attack anybody under any circumstances. It's the way I think.

In reality tho, when I have a house to get robbed lol, I don't think any1 would get within a half a mile without one of my hounds telling me haha.
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 16, 2011 11:36 pm

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls on Mon May 16, 2011 11:37 pm

lol oh so its alright for your golden retrievers to act like guard dogs but its not ok for my pit bull to protect me lol

harry fair play for standing by what you say and i think if you have this attitude with your dog you wont go wrong, most these things are very rare but for me if it was to happen i would like my dogs to at least show they know somethings not rite and their willing to defend me if need be.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisastaff on Tue May 17, 2011 7:38 am

Have to agree I think there is a difference between protecting and outward human aggression.

Majority of dogs will either fight or flight if they feel threaterned.

I would never encourage any of my dogs to show human aggression and they never have.

Lisastaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Shadow defo isnt human aggessive but she is nervous of people she doesnt know & will give a warning to tell you she isnt sure about you, i always correct her obviously but I remember two scumbags stopping me one night when we only had shadow about 2 or 3 months. They were asking me for a smoke & i told them I had none & they started getting up in my face telling me to give them a f***ing smoke & shadow walked in between them & me & started to growl! I was shocked she did but didnt stop her because I was seriously worried for my safety. One of them asked what dog she was and I said a pitbull & a trained protection dog (shadow is far from a trained protection dog but I thought it would make them back off) as soon as i said that they stepped back & walked away lol! I know what to say if im ever in that possition again. Shadows never done anything like that since & Iv never been in a situation like that since so I believe (just from my experience) that its ok to let a dog protect you if it means you wont get stabbed or robbed & that it doesnt necessarily mean your dog will ever act like that again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Well i hope if i was in the situation as the OP that one of mine would sense my fear of this person/people and warn them off. And if I was attacked im pretty sure my boys would protect me. :) They both are certainly not H.A very far from it too,

Back to top Go down

Post by deed not breed on Wed May 18, 2011 8:38 am

well this got very heated an no i dont want my dog to be human or dog aggressive but im a woman and it is frightning wen a big man tries to take ur baby and he is happily going with him so in that situation i would have condoned protective aggression for choice of a better word. but everyone is entitled to there opinion thats mine but if i was faced with it again id make well sure i had a night stick with me!!
deed not breed

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol on Wed May 18, 2011 11:04 am

deed not breed wrote:well this got very heated an no i dont want my dog to be human or dog aggressive but im a woman and it is frightning wen a big man tries to take ur baby and he is happily going with him so in that situation i would have condoned protective aggression for choice of a better word. but everyone is entitled to there opinion thats mine but if i was faced with it again id make well sure i had a night stick with me!!

Couldn't agree with you more !!! I am now holding the lead, poo bag (yuck), and a hurly when walking Molly, so far so good lol sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by deed not breed on Wed May 18, 2011 11:17 am

good woman yourself thro poop at them then take a swing lol lol!
deed not breed

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule on Wed May 18, 2011 5:38 pm

deed not breed wrote:good woman yourself thro poop at them then take a swing lol lol!

haha mush it right into there face
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:01 am

hope you get on ok i hate to hear something like that our dogs mean alot more to us than they ever will to anyone else its sad to think people would rob your pet grrrrrr get some pepper spray ha
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top